Real and Pretend
God's Word is true
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)
I have read lots of books in my time! I have read books about:
1. pigs and a wolf
2. little girl and a tornado taking her to Oz
3. talking cucumbers and tomatoes
4. pigs that paint things
5. rabbits that need to say goodnight
6. Wizards, kings and queens, monsters and giants that live up in the clouds.
And all those stories were different, but they do have one thing in common. They aren’t true. They are pretend. These stories are wonderful! They are exciting and fun to read, but they are about pretend people. These stories were written by people that had a neat idea about a story they would like to tell. These stories are made up.
Now, this book is not pretend.
1. It was written by men that actually lived here on earth.
2. It is about places that are on the map and we can see where they lived.
3. It tells what they saw and what they heard.
4. The stories are about men and women that actually lived and breathed here on earth.
5. These stories are true.
The Bible talks about God creating real creatures, not monsters or unicorns. The Bible talks about God loving the people here on earth. The Bible talks about the many amazing things God did for his people.
There are also stories about Jesus. The things Jesus did were seen by many people and were written about in Matthew Mark, Luke and John, and Acts! And those stories are written here in the Bible. The Bible talks about how Jesus really was on earth and how he really taught people about love and healing. The Bible talks about how Jesus really did miracles.
Those stories are real and we can trust the Bible to tell us about Jesus.
Let’s pray and thank God for giving us a Bible that tells true stories about Jesus his son.