Thanksgiving Top Ten List
We have much for which to be thankful!
Thanksgiving wordsearch puzzle.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalms 100:4 (NIV)
Do you enjoy working puzzles? I do, I especially enjoy word puzzles and I have a word search puzzle this morning. At the end of the children’s sermon this morning, I will give each of you one of these puzzles so that you can find all of the words that are hidden in there. The title of the puzzle is "My Thanksgiving List." I looked at all of the things on this list and made another list. It is a list of the top ten things for which I am thankful. Your top ten list might be different from mine, but here is my Thanksgiving Top Ten List.
- My house – there are many people in this world today who have no place to live. Many of them sleep on park benches and under bridges.
- Food - we always have plenty to eat at our house. Many people don’t. Every day as I drive home from work, I see people standing beside the road holding a sign that says, "Will work for food."
- Clothes – I never have to worry about whether there will be clothes in my closet for me to put on each day. Many people only have the clothes that they are wearing.
- Health – I am thankful that I am blessed with good health. Many people have a serious illness which keeps them from enjoying a full and happy life.
- My country – I am thankful that I live in a country where I enjoy great freedom. In many countries you don’t have much freedom. In some countries you can be put in prison, or even put to death, for telling others about Jesus.
- Teachers – I am thankful for the teachers that I have had in school and in church who have taught me the things I needed to know to live a happy and successful life.
- Friends – I am thankful for my many friends. In times of trouble, I have always had friends who were there to help me.
- Family – I am thankful for my family. God has given me a wonderful wife and son and many other family members whom I love very much.
- Parents – I am thankful that God blessed me with wonderful parents who loved me, cared for me, and taught me about Jesus and his love.
- Jesus – Jesus is number one on the list of things for which I am thankful. No one ever loved me like Jesus. He loved me so much that he was willing to die on a cross so that I can have everlasting life. Thank you, Jesus.
Well, that is my top ten list. I have been given much. The Bible says that God blesses us and gives us much so that we may show our thanks by sharing it with others. I hope that this Thanksgiving, we will share what God has given us with those who do not have as much as we do.
Dear Lord, thank you for all of your rich blessings. Help us to share what you have given us with those who are less fortunate than we are. Amen.